Laundry Attendants Needed!
We’re looking for qualified laundry attendants for our brand new laundry facility. Customer service, cleanliness, and dependability are the most important factors we look for. We’re willing to train motivated candidates with no prior experience in the laundry business.
Shifts available: Weekdays, Weekends and Evenings.
- Must be available for, and may occasionally be asked to work various shifts - must be reliable.
- You must be able to lift loads of laundry and be physically capable of strenuous duties such as mopping, sweeping, etc - Multi-tasking skills required.
- You must have basic computer skills and be able to type quickly and accurately.
- No smoking at all during work shifts (we handle customers’ clean laundry!)
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
General duties include:
Assists self-service laundry customers as needed, be able to explain how the card system works. Sell laundry supplies. Accept drop-off, and dry cleaning garments and process transactions. Performs washing, drying, folding for drop-off customers. Helps maintain cleanliness of the facility.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Sorting laundry items received for washing by colors and whites and treat stains accordingly.
- Loads correct weight into washing machines and unload upon completion of wash cycle.
- Loads & operates dryers, insuring proper weight of load and correctness of temperature. Neatly fold and package laundry for customer pick up.
- Checks lint screens for lint and cleans lint filters as necessary to maintain optimum efficiency of dryers.
- Maintains cleanliness of store by wiping countertops, machine tops and soap receptacles. Makes sure trash is not overflowing and floor is kept dry and clear of debris. Makes sure bathroom is clean and stocked.
- Reports any equipment not working properly to management.
- Maintain inventory and handle over-the-counter sales of laundry products (detergent, fabric softener, etc.)
- Always wear uniform during workday.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Tips for a Successful Employment Application at Boynton Laundromart
- Visit our our store and be familiar with it. When we ask you if you have been to our store before, be able to truthfully say, “Yes!” You might mention a feature or two of our store that you noticed during your visit.
- Download and fill out an application, then email to firstname.lastname@example.org When we say fill it out, we mean complete every section that you can. We are looking for thorough people who give great attention to detail. Incomplete applications will be ignored. Sorry! The days are too long and life is too short to spend time trying to hunt down information on people who aren’t willing to tell us about themselves.
- If you attach a resume to your application (which we recommend but is not required), you still need to fill out the application as well.
- A brief cover letter attached to your application explaining why you would be an excellent choice greatly enhances the possibility of us considering you for employment. We are looking for people who communicate well as the job consists mostly of assisting customers and creating a happy, friendly, safe environment for everyone.